One of the most challenging parts of having 2 or more babies at the same time is figuring out how to transport them from one point to another. I've put together a list of car seats and strollers for parents who have twins or more. The criteria for choosing the infant car seat?
- Must have a lower weight limit of 4lbs specified by manufacturer
- Must have a separate base that stays in the car
- Must have at least one double stroller that can accomodate 2 of the seats at the same time
Britax B-Safe, Britax Chaperone, Chicco Keyfit, Chicco Keyfit30 and Graco Snugride 30. Here are the infant seats that passed the test and their compatible strollers. Click the pictures for more information and reviews from other parents
1. The Peg Perego Duette will take 2 of their infant car seats but is not included in the list because the car seats are rated for 5lbs and up
2. There are several twin frame strollers. Some are only compatible with same manufacturer car seats
Infant Car Seats and Strollers For Triplets
The options for triplets are a more tricky. All in all there are 2 options for moving around with infant triplets
Triplet strollers that will take 3 infant car seats: The Peg Perego Triplette stroller and the Inglesina Domino Trio will take 3 of their brand's infant car seats. The Double Decker Triplet stroller will take 3 Graco or Evenflo seats
Triplet strollers that will fully recline for newborns: Baby Jogger Summit XC stroller
With a few exceptions, all the car seats and strollers listed can be purchased off the Amazon Baby Store. Click here to view their vast selection. I'm a big fan of Amazon and purchase my stroller off their website because it came with free shipping and a one year return policy - the best return policy out there.