But, (and this is a little but) I find some of the earlier photobooks I put together a little boring. E.g, with the first photobook, I didn't even know that I could caption the photos or crop them. I've come a long way since then and THIS photobook is going to be the best yet because now I have actual ideas of things to include in the book to make it less boring.
Our lives have in no way been boring in 2014 and our photobook should reflect this. In no particular order, here are some fun things that this year's family photobook will include:
- Photos of the girls' with their favorite toys or books
- Quotable quotes (including birthday interviews)
- Anecdotes of funny things that happened
- Memorable crafts and artwork. Either scanned of picture of the girls with the art
- Journal entries and/or blog posts or letters by the parents maybe even handwritten and scanned
- Pictures with school friends, teachers and visiting family members - the people who make up the circle of love but sometimes get left out of photobooks
- Map and road signs from our vacation(s)
- Photos from our everyday life - things along the way as we commute, the house, the front door, their bedroom etc (I won't use this pic, I just have it on file for future guilt-tripping purposes)
And of course ALL the photos from our photoshoot with a professional (in the past I used to choose just a few and I have absolutely no logical explanation for why.)
And of course words! Plenty of words.
I've been truly inspired by ideas I founds online especially on this post and now all I have to do is decide on which photobook provider to use.