- Melissa Harris-Perry. After the debacle on her show over Mitt Romney's adopted grandson, I was like belch. I watched her apology and actually respected her for it. My respect has grown with reading her Q and A session on Jezebel.com. My favorite has to be "You're their colleague, not their daughter or their date. Be smart, not nice."
- Last weekend, Calgary experienced what the police referred to as the "worst mass murder" in our history. In the midst of that tragedy, there was consolation is seeing how the city reacted to both the families of the victims and the perpetrator. Erin sums it all beautifully and I have to say, the longer I live in this beautiful city of Calgary, the more I fall in love with the goodness of its spirit
- Since I moved to North America, my old-school, religious spirit has struggled with the commercialization of the important days in the Christian Church's calendar. I know I need to move from irritation to graceful acceptance and this article helps point me in the right direction.
- When I was growing up, frejon was a popular good Friday dish that I never tasted - because I was THAT picky child when it came to food. Now that I'm all
sortagrown-up, I actually plan on making it today using this recipe and trying it out on the girls.
- It was hard to find a good video of Nicole C Mullen singing Redeemer; this is the best I found to share. You wanna have a private praise session in your car, download Redeemer on your phone, make sure all the cars windows are closed, set the bass and treble just right and be taken away by this woman's beautiful pipes and praise
"Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives" Bill Gaither