- I know the location and inventory of the children's department in every Macys within a 20 mile radius
- I de-stress by shopping for baby food flavours and brands
- No matter my reason for going to the grocery store, Walmart or Target, I always stop by the baby aisle just in case
- My best friend used to refer to me as the only adult she knew who took afternoon and evening naps. Not any more. My beloved early evening naps are now a very distant memory
- I can't sleep past 730am on weekends. Spice is having none of that
- I speak up more and let things slide less. I used to be very laissez-faire and anti-confrontational, but as a mother, I can't allow issues to slide.
- Ditto my appearance. I now carry the weight of being a style role model on my frequently unstylish shoulders
- Off the top of my head, I know a good price for Enfamil formula is 96c per oz and a good deal on brand name diapers is 14c per diaper or less (and wipes are good at anything less than 2c per wipe. Just sayin')
- I'm no longer tired leaving work. Instead I'm excited to go pick up my babies from the daycare
- I have a new and breath-taking understanding of God's love and the depth of His promise in Isaiah 49:15 and 16 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me"
10 Ways Having Twins Changed My Life
Labels: Parenting Lessons