After revisiting my post reviewing the newborn size disposable diapers I used on the twins, I felt I needed to pay some attention to the not-so-popular brands as well. As the size one diapers were still way too big on the girls, I purchased one jumbo bag each of Luvs and Up and Up (the Target brand) for my use.
Here's an updated review including the two brands
Total newborn diapers used, 360.
- Pampers swaddlers sensitive: I used these first. I liked the nice green line in the center that tells you when the diaper is wet because for those first few days, baby pee is sometimes too small to see by looking into the diaper. I did find the cut to be a bit awkward for the babies fresh out of the hospital. I had to fold the top of it wouldn't cover their cord
- Pampers swaddlers: The softness of this was heavenly but I did have a blowout.
- Huggies little snugglers: My least favorite. The color-change-for-pee line is not that sharp for me plus this is the diaper that makes me believe all environmentalists that diapers are full of chemicals. Occasionally I take off the diaper and I see some crystals on babies' tush. Definitely chemical-full and not my favorite.
- Luvs: Out of the box, the first thought that crossed my mind on touching it was scratchy. It did what it was supposed to do and was as memorable as a glass of water on a cold day
- Up and up (Target brand): Out of the bag, this was light and thin which I thought would give a trim fit on the baby. Well in this case, thin=non-absorbent. For the first time, my babies cried and were cranky from being wet. I used it for less than two days before designating the unused half of the bag to the back of the closet. This diaper did not work for us at all.