- I don't need as many shoes as I think I do - I'm down to one pair of boots and loving it. No morning self-debates in the closet trying to decide between the light brown boots and the dark brown boots
- I don't need as much clothes as I think I do.
- If you're going to live in a few clothes, pay extra special attention to the washing machine settings. I'm currently wearing grey acid-wash skinny jeans. In October, they were black skinny jeans but 3 months and one mistaken hot wash later...
- My babies don't need as many clothes. I've been cycling the same 4 outfits. I'm forced to face up to the fact that we are going to have a lot of unworn clothes with tags on them. Time to reread the post on things to do with old baby clothes
- Toddlers don't need that many toys. We have just enough toys to prevent boredom and even those are not really needed. The girls level of enjoyment with their toys is same as the fun they have with an empty water bottle, a can of puffs, a few pillows and all the receipts in mommy's handbag.
- Same goes for gear and equipment. We have 4 books, 2 booster chairs, 6 sippy cups, 2 bowls and 2 divided plates.
Life Lessons In a Suitcase
The family and I have lived out of suitcases for the last 3 months and counting. We initially started with 7 but I have that number down to 5. I can't believe I did it AND I survived and even learnt a thing or two or eight
Labels: Travel Tips