Here are a few things I'd like to do in 2012 that I'll be posting about on this blog.
- Introduce the girls to at least one new vegetable every month and share the winning recipe (I'm a picky eater and I don't want them to pick up my not-so-good habit. Yeah. I'm the grown woman sitting beside you in McDonalds picking all the veggies out of her burger)
- Continue with regular monthly development posts with less focus on the physical data
- Potty train the girls before their second birthday (ambitious I know)
- Learn to sew - I want to be able to make some pretty peasant dresses for the girls.
- Learn the basics of early childhood education and the Montessori system so that I can create a mind-nurturing home for my babies
- Start weekly excursions to paid-for-by-my-tax-dollars places like free museums, libraries,
- Implement the divide and conquer weekends - Daddy takes one baby, mommy takes the other and we have one on one time. Probably on a monthly schedule
- Teach the girls manners. It's not too early. I already get the occasional "takun" from Sugar when I give her stuff.
- Incorporate Christian and biblical teachings into our daily life
- Get the girls familiar with Yoruba language and Nigerian culture