So while looking for the book my daycare provider recommended, I stopped by the local bookstore and browsed the parenting books aisle. I didn't find the book I was looking for but I still had a fun experience just browsing the list of titles and authors. Most unforgettable were:
- Dr Laura "don't marry outside your race if you don't like hearing the n-word" Schlessinger has a book titled "Stupid things parents do to mess up their kids". Really?!! Howzabout stupid things nationally acclaimed radio personalities do to kick their careers in the diaper area
- Pre very big, very messy, very public divorce, the Gosselins apparently wrote a book that has a place on the parenting shelves next to other worthy classics.
- A book titled "Chicken's guide to talking turkey with your kids about sex".
- A fashionable guide that teaches you how to "Stop dressing your six year old like a skank"
- And of course the peace-loving book entitled "Joint custody with a jerk". Junior would love finding this on mommy's nightstand I'm sure. "Mommy, what's a jerk?" "Are you a jerk mommy?" "Shut up and go to sleep boy!"
So, I'm thinking if the day jobs pans out and this blog don't make me a millionaire in the next one week, I'm gonna write me a parenting book. I'll be taking suggestions on the title.
Two side notes: One, this post contains affiliate links and two, I just might buy the skank book. It's rated almost 5 stars and very funny on Amazon so...
Have a blessed weekend y'all.